Teen Community is delighted to announce its first Short Story Contest for authors above 18 years of age!The response from readers and writers has been overwhelming. Honestly, we never dreamt that in just our third issue, we would be looking so closely at our responsibilities to bring you more and more meaningful content. Well, in our bid to publish some of the most evocative stories for young people, we are organising a contest. What are we looking for? Creative, original, thought-provoking, enriching stories that our young readers will recall for a long while to come. They could be funny, they could be simple, they could be sci-fi, realistic or fantasy or they simply could be a class apart.
LANGUAGE: English MODE: Microsoft Word document
WORD LIMIT: 1000 (one thousand) words
TARGET READER: Age 12 to 15 years DEADLINE: 15 August 2020
- This contest is open to anyone, anywhere, above the age of 18 years. However, the prize will have to be collected from India.
- Any manuscript over 1000 words will be disqualified.
- Please submit the manuscript typed in double spacing with one-inch margins on the left and the right, in an MS Word document.
- If there is any reference to a real-life person, study or event, please mention the reference source or include the URL. Please verify all facts, where necessary.
- The winning story wins a prize of a gift voucher worth Rs 999/- from Kopykitaab.
- The winning story will be published in Teen Community with the announcement that it has won the Short Story Contest 2020.
- Apart from the winning short story, a few more stories may be published in successive issues. So, manuscripts submitted need to be exclusive to Teen Community for 12 months from the date of submission. If they are withdrawn, Teen Community will need to be intimated in writing/email. Only an acknowledged email will be construed as received.
- Submission of a manuscript will be taken as concurrence for possible publication in Teen Community magazine. However, it is not guaranteed that any manuscript submitted will be published. Manuscripts will be chosen for publication at the discretion of the Editorial Board.
- A manuscript published in Teen Community will be paid for as per the rate of the magazine, whether it has won the contest or not.
- Teen Community does not take responsibility to publish any manuscript thus submitted.
- There is no entry fee.
- An author may submit any number of manuscripts. However, each must be treated as a separate submission and sent in a separate email, accompanied by a separate Declaration.
- Teen Community may choose not to declare any winner, if the specifications the magazine is looking for, are not met.
- The last date for receiving entries is 15 August 2020.
- Teen Community magazine will try to declare the result by 31 December 2020. However, given the uncertainty of a global pandemic and unforeseen circumstances, this date may be revised.
- The Declaration should carry the full name, email-id and full address of the author in BLOCK LETTERS in English. The manuscript must carry the same details.
- All rights as prescribed under Section 14 of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957 shall vest with Teen Community on submission of an entry.
- Entries will be judged by the Editorial Board whose decision shall be final. No further correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Any legal dispute that may arise shall be settled under the jurisdiction of Delhi courts.
- Please click on the link below to complete your submission.
- After that, the story must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.